Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 07:44 PM
seminolepilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by MikeF16 View Post
Please be forewarned, I have 2 short irony submissions, and I didn't tell either person that I was going to post about them here, my apologies in advance!

I was actually waiting for that very same DH that started the previous flap, when an older woman sat down next to me. I was reading a book but that didn't seem to matter, she wanted to talk. Fine, I'm in uniform and even with my super rebellious orange lanyard I'm always polite and courteous to our paying customers. At first it was small innocent questions but then she got heavily into politics. I did a lot of nodding and grinning and she asks me 'so, you're not allowed to talk about politics?' I smiled and said that's probably not the best idea while on the clock. Unfortunately that cluebug did not phase her at all and she proceeded to explain why her candidate was the best and all the rest were a bunch of idiots, etc, etc (btw, her candidate is an idiot). 20 minutes later and we're about to board and I'm still nodding and grinning and she ends it with 'well, I can't wait to get home, only problem is we've got our granddaughter with us and she just never shuts up'.

My other encounter with irony was at DAL for our 1st flight of the day at 0-dark-thirty out of the shared SWA gate. SWA was late and still sitting at our gate, which means we're now late, but at least I've now got time to stand in the amusement park line at Starbucks! So I'm standing there going nowhere fast and the woman in front of me turns to me and complains about how slow the line is going. It was pretty early so I was able to get away with a nod and a sigh. We finally get to the front of the line and she orders a single beverage that somehow comes out to 9+ bucks and takes longer than any 2 of the people who were in front of us.
Ha seems like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in grandma's family. I never understood why some people think it's ok to jump right into politics with someone they never met before. I do wonder if she's a fan of walls though.