Old 08-03-2007, 02:24 PM
CAL EWR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by CALPilotToo View Post
Then I know now you don't get it. If we had 2-3 year CAs as a result of growth, and a good contract I would agree. But having 2-3 yr. CAs now only illustrates how bad our contract truly is. Nothing about that makes me happy. The company has been successfully in inverting our seniority list.
You are full of it. Yes it is good news we have an expansion bid instead of a reduction one. You seem to have been as long or longer than me. How many times over the years have we had no vacancies, net zero or reduction bids? Oh and during those times we had even worse working conditions than we do now. Don't accuse me of being in la la land. I know what a POS contract we have. I also know if we had a real contract we would have to hire another 1000 without one additional airframe or pilot retirement.

I tell this to every new hire I fly with and every one I talk to in the crew room, wx room, layovers etc. I am ready to give up my career if we don't succeed in contract 08. Don't tell me though I can't show some optimism because of expansion. After all at the very least it is helping everyone of our pilots career expectations in the more than likely event of a merger.

I talk union and educate every pilot I fly with everyday about CAL history from Bob Six to Lorenzo to present regime, railway labor act, contract negotiating cycles, credible strike threats and how POS 02 happened and what I tried to do to prevent it. Funny I don't remember your name signed to the bottom of thousands of letters to the membership two years before the TA of contract 02 warning the membership to wake up? What about all the LEC meetings and P2P conference calls you particpated in standing up to scumbags Panerallo, Pacelli, Stivila and Muir? Where you there because I'm sorry but I don't know who you are? Oh and what committee are you volunteering for to help us get a real contract?

I am ready to give significant time with my family to work yet again for our union and pilot group. I do all above even though I am sick and tired of doing it and taking hours each trip but most captains around here complain and do nothing else. It is amazing how no one educates the new hires. I walk the walk and am prepared to make tremendous sacrifices for contract 08. What are you doing except hiding behind your handle in anonymity taking shots and being your normal negative self? Oh but according to you "I still don't get", yes I do more than you ever will!

If you're going to take shots at someone at least have the balls to sign your post!

Jayson Baron
EWR 756 CA

Last edited by CAL EWR; 08-03-2007 at 02:51 PM.