Old 08-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Lbell911
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by AirWillie View Post
One of those guys, Sorry if you were disappointed but ATP has no shortage of prospective students, they don't do a lot of ass kissing because they know they've got people on waiting lists to attend. As far as the poorly run thing, ATP CFI's do not do administrative work and tours, it's at their discretion. It's not like the fbo where you expect cfi's to show you around as soon as you walk in as if they're salesmen. It's encouraged for them to lead the perspectives to the 1800 number, they have more imporant things to do then show people around. Honestly when I was there there were people that'd walk in with parents grand parents and cousins looking like idiots wondering about the program. The website answers every single question that you will have. By the way I'm not sure about your last paragraph, they could care less who they're training and if they work 121 or not.
Well if they expect me to spend $50,000 plus, I expect more than just a website to make my an educated financial decision. If they can't have a represntative to show me their facitilies, aircraft, scheduling policies, etc....then it leads me to believe they are a very disorganized group, and they don't need my $50,000. Needless to say they aren't getting it, but another flight school is.

In regards to the website, it does not answer all questions, and some information is incorrect, one example, they offer the pvt pilot at all schools, well in Chicago, per their instructor, "we don't have a single engine a/c and I don't do single engine training, they need to go elsewhere for that".

Anyone who pays for their school, based upon a website without an actual visit to the facilites, is a fool, that I have some oceanfront property for sale for them in Montana.