View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 05:52 PM
RyanP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by Inclined plane View Post
Can anyone that knows share what the overall pass rate for new hire training at Envoy is? Washout rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know exact numbers but the washout rate is very low. I have been through I don't even know how many long term trainings with new hires here and can only remember a few that didn't make it over many years. New hires bust Type rides or Orals here and there, but to completely wash out is not very common. Now with AQP training on the 175, it has gotten quite a bit easier than the old way as well where you had to basically know everything for an oral, because they could literally ask you anything, and the old TYPE ride has virtually no room for errors, Basically 2 hours of being nearly perfect through everything thrown at you. Things have changed for the better with the E175 AQP training though.

It's always obvious too the first week who is going to struggle or bust something. They were either odd ducks who you could tell from day 1 that they would have trouble, loners who didn't study with the rest of us, or stubborn people that just wouldn't listen to the advice of people who have been doing this for a long time and thought they knew best. They spent their time focusing on the wrong things and refused to take any advice.

If you are dedicated to making it, work well with others and listen to the advice of the senior classmates and instructors who have played the training game before many times. You will make it through just fine. The majority of people here always are willing to help each other out.