Old 08-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Ottopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: 737 CA

Originally Posted by CALPilotToo View Post
Otto, it still isn't a pay raise. I'm not telling you you should not upgrade. I'm saying quit stating how good things are that CAL has 2-3 yr. CAs because the fact that this is happening demonstrates how bad our contract is. And I had descent hopes for C08. Oh, well. Because if you feel this way many other jr. pilots feel the same way. Get that YES pen ready. Just like C02.
It is a huge pay raise. When my paycheck doubles; it's a raise.

I never said how good things are at CAL because of the quick upgrades, until now. It is good. I've never had it so good. It's all relative. CAL with a POS'02 is better than what I had before coming here. I came after the vote, but I have never voted yes on ANY contract (three) that was put before me. Plus, I served on the strike and comm. committees in the past. I'm looking forward to voting no again. I vote "no" unless I love everything in the whole contract- whether it affects me directly or not.

The Senior FO's don't want CA because it sucks compared to the past. I understand that, but understand I/We were not here in the past. It's not worse, but better than what we had before. Perspective.

I know I'll end up voting "no" as usual, so don't tell me how I'll vote. I've fought for contracts before and I'll do it again. The new people at CAL can only help, since CAL pilots have never had a good contract compared to the rest of the industry. I can bid CA and still fight for a good contract. Should I quit or refuse to upgrade? It's the same contract no matter what seat or aircraft I'm in, so why make a big deal about it?

I look forward to walking with you on the informational picketing and/or strike picketing.