View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 07:46 AM
Iowa Farm Boy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by HardLemonade View Post
Do YOU know how many people will upgrade on the next bid? No? Then stick your sarcasm where the sun don't shine. I've watched you and a few other current envoy pilots post here for a while and it's exhausting.

All you do is complain, complain, and complain like a little child. Tell you what! You think things are so bad? QUIT! Put up or shut up! Everyone is hiring!

Even better...go take my old job at Mesa! Yeah, please...go to Mesa. You will come running back to envoy after about 1 month with an entirely new perspective on life. Envoy isn't my first airline, not my first regional and I can tell you how much better things are around here. Even before the recent wave of good news and good trends. But all you and a few others can do is look for the negative under every little pebble.

And before you say it, I may be new to Envoy but I'm not new to the airlines...and I'm certainly not new to working indirectly with Doug Parker. So far all my flying was under US Airways Express over at Mesa. You want a disaster of epic proportions? Go turn in your badge tomorrow, resign and get hired at Mesa. They will hire you over the phone...that is true. Go take a peek at how things work at other regionals and you will have a new profound appreciation for envoy and maybe cut out the pre-school crying.
I have no idea nor have any information available re: how many bids will come or how many Capt vacancies. THAT information is not available to you, I, or him.

What IS available is a seniority list and a calculator. They were obviously not used prior to his post.

I'm not "dissing" Envoy. I've spent 16+ yrs here trying to make it the best it could be. What I AM dissing is the people who intentionally misrepresent facts to further their own self serving agenda. So long as <reasonable> assumptions are put forth, you'll hear little out of me...

Since you're not "new" to the airlines you likely could see through the smoke. Others who ARE new to the industry don't have that experience and could be sucked in by half truths. I just don't think that's fair to them.

Comparing Envoy to Mesa and saying how good we've got it? We already have a certain manager hired from there who seems hell bent to take us in that direction. No, thanks. Too many people have worked too hard here through the years to make EGL/ ENY the BEST it can be. Evidently you agree, so why don't you pick up the baton?