Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 02:38 PM
BoeingBrat
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2013

I left Omni after the 2013 Furlough. Here are a few things that I know about that place.
1) The new CP is a DB, IMO and that of many current employees, he does not have the people skills to manage the pilot group properly.
2) TW the contract admin, well she is a royal...! She pretty much runs the show, for some reason the office tip toes around her. Her only answer will be NO
3) PAY SUCKS, trust me, stay at your regional. Last I heard they were changing the way they pay overtime, and they started shafting the pilots on pay.
4) DP the head of travel doesn't care about you or well being. If it saves her a dime to travel you someplace over 22 hours not including GW, she gets HARD
5) The Union is trying its best to make the place better but the EXCO just isn't into it.
6) Hotels are not even sub par! YOU WILL STAY IN HOTELS WITHOUT A/C.
7) training pay... HA! now that's a joke!!!!
8) 401k... 500 max a year match. That's says more than enough.
9) training, if they don't like you, you will not upgrade!
10) Schedules 18 days with possible 40 days and a 90 day TDY which they make you check out of a hotel! CRAP
11) The IAD flying.... well that's a entirely different ballgame.
12) Death in the family while traveling... You are on your own to get home! THIS IS A COMMON PRACTICE.
13) FMLA again, you are on your own to get home.

I have many friends, great guys and gals that still work there... they are trying hard to get out!

They know that when the rats are running its time to get out!

*** To the pro Omni guys... you know you can't refute any of that!