Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Packrat
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by BoeingBrat View Post
I left Omni after the 2013 Furlough. Here are a few things that I know about that place.

So you admit your info is 3 years out of date

1) The new CP is a DB, IMO and that of many current employees, he does not have the people skills to manage the pilot group properly.

My experience has been that he's one of the few CPs who actually tries to be a pilot advocate as long as you're straight with him.

4) DP the head of travel doesn't care about you or well being. If it saves her a dime to travel you someplace over 22 hours not including GW, she gets HARD

Considering her mandate is to minimize travel expenses, that would be her job. But to say they don't care about your well being is unequivocally false.

5) The Union is trying its best to make the place better but the EXCO just isn't into it.

This statement is so illogical it borders on moronic.

6) Hotels are not even sub par! YOU WILL STAY IN HOTELS WITHOUT A/C.

Again, untrue in my experience. Perhaps in the hinterland of Central SW Asia, but even in Africa, the hotel was more than acceptable.

9) training, if they don't like you, you will not upgrade!

Ever consider it may have been your ability, not your personality? Omni can't afford to have weak pilots in the left seat considering the flying they do.

10) Schedules 18 days with possible 40 days and a 90 day TDY which they make you check out of a hotel! CRAP

90 day TDY is still in the contract but not currently in use. And 36 day blocks are a function of how YOU bid your schedule.

I have many friends, great guys and gals that still work there... they are trying hard to get out!

They know that when the rats are running its time to get out!

*** To the pro Omni guys... you know you can't refute any of that!
See my comments above. As far as "rats" running: For a young guy, especially with the majors hiring, there are more desirable places to work. With respect to the regionals, Omni is a big step up with regard to QoL.

As an aside, it probably isn't good to post when you've obviously had too much to drink.