View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 11:42 AM
Silver02ex
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by 2loud View Post
This is all pure speculation and entertainment so let's hear it from ya'll men, women, and children alike. SLI-what about meeeee?!?!
From the junior folks here at Alaskan, here are some ideas and comments that I've been hearing on the line, so you Virgin folks, please chime in with your thoughts and ideas:

1) Seniority integration should start from 2007 hires.
2) The "I got mine crowd" wants DOH.
3) Virgin would have died anyways so let's go with a staple.
4) We acquired them so it's really not a merger.
5) 4 Year college isn't required at Virgin so they should be stapled since most of them could not have gotten hired at Alaskan.
6) No Alaskan FO ever left for Virgin. Btw, it's not true! After Kasher, at least two FOs left and upgraded to CA in less than 2 years.
7) I've paid my dues, got a 4 year degree, worked my way up through the regionals, and waited to get hired by Alaskan Airways. I could have gone to Virgin for the quick upgrade but I held out for Alaskan. It's not fair that I've paid my dues and waited for Alaskan only to get bumped by Virgin pilots.
8) Any Virgin pilots hired after 20xx should be integrated x to x ratio. Or more like, 20xx=my hired year. What about meeeeeee?!?!

All of these opinions have some validity, some more than others, but they are just that...opinions and we all know the saying, "everyone has an ***hole and an opinion".
Like I've said in a previous post, none of us asked for this. It is just a business decision and the employees always get to deal with the pain. It's going to get ugly before it gets better. Ya'll can hide behind the keyboard as always but try and keep it somewhat civil. Gloves off....let's go!
Why do you keep saying AlaskaN? When did Alaska insert an N in their name?