View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 09:14 PM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

Been at this game a long long time.......many decades...

Do I still get the thrill like I did 30+ years ago... no... but I can tell you that the best pilots I know.. thrive on the stress... the challenge... etc....

Yes there are lots of crappy things about this business... I have flown military, 121, 91, 91K...135... very one of those segments of aviation had crappy things about them.... The job and type of flying I do know fits me.. fits my family (married 31 years)..... and as someone said above.. frankly professional aviation is NOT for everyone...and it shouldn't be...

Stress... makes the blood pump.. makes me feel alive... example just did a trip to asia... unforecast low vis in the terminal area... had to get it down in cat III mins..... I'm telling ya thats good stuff... or a hundred other things just like that.

I want guys in my cockpit who are passionate about flying.... enjoy it.. who WANT to click the AP off and fly the whale. AT 50.. its okay if its more of just a job.... but even then.. if you hate it.. are stressed out... etc.. eventually you are going to do something stupid.. bend metal.. get violated.. etc.. or worse...

Get out now.. before you feel like you can't....