View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 08:12 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Shiner View Post
Most guys outside the 824 aren't worried about management's problems. New hires will come if management makes Envoy attractive. That's their concern, not ours.

The flow is not currently attracting people, apparently offering the 175 is. The flow is most likely helping with retention of current pilots. Mess with the flow and the exodus will be massive and aircraft will be parked.

So, the way I see it, unless Envoy is made more attractive, aircraft will be parked. Keep flowing, with no contractual improvements or new hires, we shrink. Shut off the flow, mass exodus of current pilots, we shrink.

The obvious solution is to make Envoy a better place to work. Pilot leverage is increased with every month we send pilots to AA and hire no one to replace them.

Will management pull the right strings to keep their business model alive and breathing? I think so, but if they don't, I'm not worried. Everyone is hiring and LCC's are dropping their minimums. Right now, an Envoy pilot can be choosy and wait for United, Delta, or their top choice, while keeping the flow in their back pocket. If something changes, they they'll have to reassess.
Disagree about a "mass exodus" from present Envoy pilots should they "mess with" the flow. Cujo already proved to Envoy management with his EL poll that showed the overwhelming majority of Envoy pilots won't quit if the flow is altered. The more longevity they have, the less able they are willing to start over. Most WILL leave for a legacy or LLC, but would anyway, so no change there.

I think that's one reason they seem unconcerned with the pilots already there and why so many there with more then a few years in are so panicky and distressed; Both sides know the reality and one is capitalizing on it while the other feels powerless.