View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 05:15 AM
lakehouse
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

Originally Posted by thor55 View Post
I am considering leaving a higher paying job in pt 135 fractional to come to Envoy. Can people who work at Envoy help with:
How likely is a2.5 yr upgrade and 5/6 year flow?
According the union it's currently unlikely for Charlie Bucket when this was announced. We need close to 40 upgrades and new hires a month now and that number keeps going up. If Envoy wants the new hires they need to step up and remove members of managment that continue to create a toxic atmosphere here by implementing poor labor relations. They also need to pony up and match the endevour pilot bonus or one up it. We also need more bases, an airline like Tran states has 350 pilots ans 5 bases we have close to 2000 and 2. That's just my opinion but the numbers are from the union.

Average number of days on or off per month for a line holder?
your going to get different answers, I would say 13-15, a middle of the pack line holder in ord on emj could hold 3 day trips with 15 or 16 days off in june

Why Envoy over PSA, Endeavor or any other regional?
Psa imo is not something you want on a resume. Goto envoy if we have a base in your home city, otherwise with our lack of bases I'd goto endeavor. Your total pay and general experience with any aa w.o. will be about the same in the end imo and may end up being the same airline in the end. Working for psa will get much disrespect from your peers and those peers over time may end up being someone on the hiring board of your dream job down the road

Are there real pay raises coming soon, not a bonus, which can be removed?
imo that's not even close to on the table

Average number of legs per day flown?
3 to 5, emj has the most 5 ..175 less
Average duty day?
8-10 hours, again depends on airplane, we have many 12+ days, the company also buildings lines that exceed what would he 117 legal by making the leg to the overnight a dead head. I recently had a 345am show (base time) and was legal for 10 hours, I worked legs for 8.50 duty then had a 3 hour sit and dead headed to my overnight. I arrived my overnight at 410pm base time.

Average rest hours off per night?
13-18 hours mostly about 13-15, some 32 hours those have decreased with a rise in cdo or stand ups however the company says if pilots bend the contract in their favor by calling sick on cdo lines they will go away and the lost overnights will be back

What hotels d you stay in?
the vast majority would be rated 3.5 stars on priceline. A few are 4, a few are also 2

Basically would you come to Envoy, stay at fractional with higher pay or go to a different regional?
that's a personal decision based on what you want from your career. Picking a regional is a gamble because today's worst pick is next year's best and visa versa. Live in base is great advice and we only offer 2.

Goal is to get to a legacy/major, but not much 121 time.
Anything else you might find helpful?
as many will tell you, getting hired at a true legacy is not easy, the flow Is a good insurance plan. If we upped our bonus and qol we could hire more and get the upgrade down and pilot moral up. That has yet to be seen. However if it will is unknown. Things happen fast in this industry both good or bad

Thank you much for the help
Filler see above in red