View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 05:25 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Pedro4President View Post
He is trolling you. He isn't in the NH class for the 175.
Perhaps, but 11 were. Those new Charlie Bucket's have a significant probability of facing nearly as long a wait as I did, so if one wants to characterize that as a "cakewalk", so be it. But from what Envoy sounds like now, I agree in some respects my decade long wait WAS a cake walk as tolerating the present Envoy from its description by those who work there now would IMO be anything BUT a cakewalk and closer to a nightmare. I simply cannot imagine a near decade long sentence in that environment.

The pilots who didn't accept the non E-175 class a couple of weeks ago and presumably now did also have a significant possibility of being subject to that which occurs at airlines all the time, that being stagnation and even possible displacement. Although they really lost no seniority rejecting the past class as only 1 did show in that class they rejected, as Envoy shrinks and CRJ's are transferred and EMB's parked, if attrition becomes unbalanced in the remaining fleets, there will be more senior CRJ/EMB pilots bumping back to DFW E-175 making them long-term DFW RSV pilots and if another base like ORD is added to E-175, then possible displacement to ORD even on reserve. Then, they'll be right back in the position they rejected Envoy for in the first place, that being a DFW E-175 slot and the belief in a smooth "cakewalk" quickly obtaining and more importantly holding a line there. Theoretically, if the fleet/domiciles become unbalanced, they could be displaced out of DFW E-175 to ORD EMB.

I hope the recent and future Charlie Bucket's there are being realistic about the potential potholes of coming to Envoy considering its likelihood of contraction due to having higher attrition then attraction as even without that, the regional industry isn't for the faint of heart and there are really no cakewalks in it for the forseeable future if you ask me. Envoy especially, is at a greater risk for instability in status (aircraft/domicile) considering it's strong likelihood of being a shrinking carrier making QWL there very fluid.