View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 05:46 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Winston View Post
I'm thinking this.

Regardless of differences in training, culture, politics, etc., spare a moment's thought for the presumably competent and professional crew who were just overwhelmed by fate.

I'm sure their last moments were spent exactly as ours would be: doing everything they could to live.
Sure, it could very well be a catastrophic situation, but my assertions about the International non U.S. carriers issues are valid. European carriers are well established, but many other global markets are in a state of rapid expansion and that means less experienced crews. The Egypt crew included a 6500 captain and a 2100 hour F/O and that's more akin to a regional crew here in the U.S. Add to that some of the cultural issues and already questionable operating practices like the Rostov crew's schedule and its managements scheduling philosophies or recent Indonesia operating practices as examples and the accident rate among these segments of global commercial aviation is presently unacceptable IMO, not unlike the accident rate here in the U.S. in past decades. This crew too was also operating deep in the circadian low at the time on an all-nighter.