View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 02:43 PM
RyanP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by Pcruz28 View Post
Good to know. I personally don't mind if I'm out for a couple days or in and out the same day so whatever I pick up would be good. I read on here that new hires are mostly going to the E175, but is it worth is since they have to wait out for a class date? In an industry where seniority means everything it just doesn't make sense to me why which airplane was offered... The E175 would be a breeze for me but I don't mind going on the 145, if it flies I'm in, another type rating on my license for me.
I don't think it's worth waiting. Maybe one class at most. Otherwise you will be senior to all those people which is what really matters big picture long term. Seniority has a way of working itself out over time. If a displacement bid ever comes out, you can potentially bump all of them and take their seat if you want it since you are senior. You will upgrade before all of them, they may have it better for a short time on the 175, but eventually you will be ahead. When you are eventually a Captain, and still senior to all of them that waited, see who has the better schedules then while they sit bottom reserve below you, or continue waiting for upgrades that they can't hold!

Long term if you flow to AA, you will end up 50-100 numbers ahead of them for the rest of your career, which is a big deal in bidding and everything else seniority related for 35+ years.