View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 04:06 PM
PilotJ3
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I have to disagree, but if so, the possibility is VERY remote. When it comes to RJ's (and like it or not, the E-175 is in the RJ class), they are all equal and "jet time" at the regionals is jet time to the legacies and LCC's, etc. I've yet to hear of anyone reporting the regional E-jets as anything other then a neutral factor over other RJ's. Same goes for the CRJ-900, which is of comparable size and weight. Another thing to consider is that with only 40 aircraft at Envoy, unless you're holding a hard line, you're less likely to fly as much as those in fleets with more aircraft, so what DOES count (flight time) will be a likely disadvantage all other things being equal. The SWA 737 issue is apples vs. oranges to this.

It's just my opinion, but I think the philosophy you bring up here would be rationalizing the irrational curb appeal of a desirable aircraft that essentially offers nothing more then the curb appeal aspects themselves. I suppose if your primary target is a far East job in an E-190, maybe, but anything U.S. wise, an RJ is an RJ is an RJ.
This...

The plane won't make any difference.