Old 08-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Seeburg220
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

No offense meant to the smaller jet pilots, but they really need to use bigger jets, especially at LGA. For the amount of work it takes to get the planes in-trail and sequenced for that one airport (it starts well south of HPW- Hopewell VA), larger planes would serve more people, more efficiently.

The usual intrail restriction for LGA is 20 miles intrail, regardless of altitude. This is dictated because of the arrival rate at the runway, and there is no changing that until more concrete is poured. In the meantime, I'm having to beg RJ's to pick it up to mach .74 while at the same time, slow down the larger, faster aircraft to get and keep the intrail. There usually isn't time to let the faster jets pass the RJ's and like types, as much as I'd like to do that.

I've been doing this same flow for 20 years now, and the only thing that's changed is, the planes are slower, which translates into more work. I agree, they should flat-fee LGA, and if necessary, give some sort of incentive for airlines that park the small jets and break out the Boeings.