Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 12:53 PM
desertdog71
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Gucci Jet Left

Originally Posted by Crispy6 View Post
I had 12,080 TT 8,100 jet with a Lear Jet type rating when I was asked to attend ground school for the 76. The phone interview is the toughest part about getting hired. "TMAAT you went above and beyond to help a customer?" Conflict with a fellow employee? It really helps to think about specific instances and write them down ahead of time. Anyway went out to Tulsa for four weeks of ground school which was intensive: six days a week/10 hours a day. ALL of your systems training is CBT which I didn't mind. We spent an inordinate amount of time on OAI specific memory items which they want you to memorize VERY precisely. We really should have taken the Oral exam before we left Tulsa and I believe they were going to change that. We took a systems test and if that went well we were off to the sims in Atlanta. Fixed Base is first. We had a very knowledgeable instructor but the Fixed Base secessions were grueling evaluations and decidedly not instruction. Luck if the draw on that. Get through fixed base and it's off to full flight. OAI maintains very high standards. You should have your flows, procedures, and memory Items down pat before you step in to the fixed base sim really. I struggled to meet the standards in full flight and reieved extra training. I passed the type rating and felt like I was home free. The next night I struggled during the IP check from the right seat and I was given the option to resign. I had only flown from the left seat during all of my training so yea; I was behind when flying from the other seat. I was shocked that they would bring me along that far to cut me lose at that stage of training I wasn't wildly outside of ATP standards on maneuvers. It was my first experience flying glass and flying part 121. It was an intense experience and I learned a great deal. I thought the pilot group was great and I was really excited to work hard and get that Boeing Type Rating! im back to flying Lears now but I like to think I could reapply to OAI at some point in the future and do the Long haul stuff. Any thoughts from OAI folks?
How long ago was this?

Yeah it seems strange to cut you loose at that point. Also strange to not be flying from the right seat ever.