Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 05:51 PM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by NoAccoutrements View Post
I care. Military pilots are heroes. Landing on a ship, or on some piece of dirt with NVGs in the middle of the night, or even successfully completing a routine air-to-air refueling operation requires skill and training far beyond what I'll ever experience as an airline pilot. Heck, all of that doesn't even include the real stress those pilots deal with on-mission.

Hats off to the military folks. It's just a PA, down that cognac and turn up the volume on your headphones if you don't like it.

Respect.
Groupie!!!!!! use that tissue to wipe that brown spot off the old shnazola. Done a wee bit more exciting flying in 6 Continents. How many remember good old Kai Tak with those 40kts x-wind landings with pi$$ing down rain. Now that was fun. But I don't need to relate my 40+ years experience to the folks in the back or anyone else for that matter who really don't give a crap. That's what the bar is for after the day of terrifying feats of commercial aviation after shooting a coupled CATIII Autoland Approach. That is of course if anyone cares to listen to the "There I was" stories.

Last edited by captjns; 06-13-2016 at 06:08 PM.