View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 06:05 AM
Birddog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Default C-171 CA Rep election

We're having an election to fill the position Jeff Bohl held before his untimely passing. As of now three candidates. Gary Edwards, Brad Hutchens and Chuck Cummins...

Fellow Houston Pilots, Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Gary Edwards and I am asking for your nomination in the upcoming Council 171 Captain Representative election.

The tragic passing of Captain Jeffery Bohl was a shock to his family, friends, and coworkers. It has also put us in this untimely position to once again fill the Captain’s Representative position in Houston.

Jeff and I worked together on the Professional Standards Committee to support the Houston pilots for more than two years.* When Jeff was elected as our Captain’s Representative he asked me to be the Chair of the Professional Standards Committee.* I was honored to be asked, and I readily accepted.*

Since holding the position as the Chairman of the Professional Standards Committee I have had the opportunity to work closely with Nicholas and Jamie on a number of issues that have affected our Houston pilots and their livelihood. I believe we can continue this concerted effort.*

Jeff, Nic, and Jamie, your Council 171 Representatives, have made significant strides for our Houston based pilots in a very short time.* This council represents over 2000 pilots.* We are the second largest base, behind Newark.* This means a significant opportunity to all our pilots to be represented to the MEC and the company.*

I have been a Houston based pilot since my wife and I moved to Kingwood in 1987.* A long time. I have held positions as both a First Officer and a Captains Representative.* I have also been a Line Check Airman

It is a wonderful time to be a United pilot. We have industry leading wages and a sufficient contract. But it does not come without its challenges, both present and future. * I have seen the ebb and flow of this base, and that of other bases within our system, past and present. We are at a crossroads in Houston.* A cross road I feel our current C171 representatives had our combined best interest sharply in focus until this tragedy. *

I, Gary Edwards, I am asking for your nomination to the Council 171 as your Captain Representative.* I will continue our momentum and help shape the future of our Houston based pilots and United Airlines.* Please fill out and return your ballot.* Or, I encourage you to attend the July 7, 10:00am UAL Council 171 meeting at the IAH Marriott to cast your vote.* There will be additional ballots available.

Please feel free to contact me directly with your questions.

Sincerely,

Captain Gary J. Edwards