View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 06:07 AM
Birddog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Fellow Houston pilots,

My name is Brad Hutchens and I'm asking for your nomination in the upcoming Council 171 Captain Representative election. It's somber the circumstances that necessitated this vote, but I can't think of a better way to honor Captain Jeff Bohl than to continue the work he started. The council has made terrific strides forward in terms of organization, communication, and responsiveness to pilots, and I believe that I can keep that momentum moving forward. I have a good working relationship with Nic and Jamie, and I feel that will serve the council well moving forward.

I've been at United for twenty-one years. As a new hire I was a flight engineer on the 727, and since then I've flown as a First Officer on the 737, 757 and 767, as well as Captain on the Airbus. I am currently a Houston-based Airbus Captain and I flew the 756 in Houston before that. I live locally in The Woodlands with my wife Meridith, daughter Lindsay and son Ryan. My brother Scot is also a United pilot here in Houston, having flown the 737 and now 777.

Currently I'm the Local Schedule Committee Chairman for Council 171. I served as the C12 Local Schedule Committee Chairman in ORD for a number of years before helping setup the new Houston LSC in 2013. I was a volunteer on the original contract hotline (similar to the UDO program), and I helped train the furloughees who were hired to staff the second iteration of the hotline (UPAAS). I've been doing scheduling work for ALPA for almost ten years as well as serving on the MEC Grievance Review Panel for the last 4 years.

I believe that a union rep's job is one of service and that every member deserves representation. Helping fellow pilots is an honor, and it's is why I've done the work in the past. If I'm elected I'll answer every voicemail, text or email within 24 hours. If there is another resource within ALPA that can fix your issue better, or in a more timely manner than I can, I'll make sure you get that assistance.

Council 171 is the second largest council in UAL ALPA. It is imperative that your voice and your priorities are heard and understood at the MEC. I will ensure that they are.

When you receive your ballot, I humbly ask you write in my name, sign and return.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Thank you for your support!
Captain Brad Hutchens