View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 08:15 AM
AllenAllert
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
We're having an election to fill the position Jeff Bohl held before his untimely passing. As of now three candidates. Gary Edwards, Brad Hutchens and Chuck Cummins...

Fellow Houston Pilots, Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Gary Edwards and I am asking for your nomination in the upcoming Council 171 Captain Representative election.

Jeff, Nic, and Jamie, your Council 171 Representatives, have made significant strides for our Houston based pilots in a very short time.* This council represents over 2000 pilots.* We are the second largest base, behind Newark.* This means a significant opportunity to all our pilots to be represented to the MEC and the company.*

The number of pilots is of no significant advantage on the MEC. It's only worth one vote at the board. Ask Ben Sally.

I have been a Houston based pilot since my wife and I moved to Kingwood in 1987.* A long time. I have held positions as both a First Officer and a Captains Representative.* I have also been a Line Check Airman

Were these management positions or ALPA elected/appointed positions?

It is a wonderful time to be a United pilot. We have industry leading wages and a sufficient contract. But it does not come without its challenges, both present and future. * I have seen the ebb and flow of this base, and that of other bases within our system, past and present. We are at a crossroads in Houston.* A cross road I feel our current C171 representatives had our combined best interest sharply in focus until this tragedy. *

I take this as one who feels the contract is good enough and no work is needed to improve or fix many of the current contract issues.

Sincerely,

Captain Gary J. Edwards

Has this guy been paying attention?