View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 08:41 AM
clipperskipper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: A-320 FO

Originally Posted by StandEmUp View Post
Hey guys couple quick questions,

I had a student ask me some stuff about class delta and echo airspace underneath a bravo; I'm pretty sure what I said was right but I told him I would make sure and I can't find the topic anywhere.

When you're inside an airports class delta airspace that underlies a bravo do you still operate under the Bravo's cloud clearance due to it being the more "restrictive" airspace? I told him you did. My thoughts were that you possibly couldn't land if all of a sudden you needed the cloud clearances of the Delta.

To clarify, you flew in with clearance into the bravo and then landed in your Class D airport.

It's just kind of a goofy question because you'd be SVFR anyway if cloud clearances were such this became an issue, and you got there somehow...

However, you can't depart from that class D airspace unless you have the Delta's 512 minimums, is what I told him.

How would you guys explain it?

"How can you not know this as a CFI" bashing welcome, I'm new
If you haven't done so, create an account over at www.faasafety.gov. There's an airspace training module that everyone should review occasionally. It's sponsored by AOPA's Air Safety Foundation.