View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 09:46 AM
go skers
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007

Originally Posted by ag386 View Post
No doubt, the upgrade is going to drop. Not sure how quickly depending upon the amount of aircraft that have to be parked. I would say that a 5 year upgrade would be the number inside of a year, perhaps.

The flow on the other hand is a total house of cards. The 824 will complete at some point in the near future. This is an arbitrated decision so AAG is likely to honor it as the legal consequences could be somewhat severe.

After that, I have no faith that the Protected Pilot group will flow in the numbers listed in the agreement. There aren't enough new hires to cover the guys leaving off the top. AAG/Envoy will claim operational necessity and tell the union to grieve it. The union will likely cave and agree to a reduced number, say 8 per month. As with previous grievances (see LTFO) AAG has a history of dragging things out so it would likely take YEARS before any type of resolution would be forthcoming from a union filed grievance.

Envoy has good training and good crews. This is good for starting your career. Keep your eyes open and don't buy into the hype. Look for your exit and move onward and upward as Envoy is likely not the vehicle to get you to your final career destination.

As to the negativity, I spent some years at Envoy and lived through the treatment. I have since left for a better opportunity.
With regards to the PP agreement and the 824 arbitration award... What are the differences between a grievance settlement and an arbitration award? How does the enforceability of each change?