View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 11:30 AM
lakehouse
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
The 824 agreement was the by-product of a direct award by an arbitrator. The PP agreement was a negotiated settlement and the company was astute enough to avoid an arbitrated award which carries different legal weight. The PP is simply a contractual provision and we all know or should know that circumstances frequently arise where contracts are altered either by agreement (bad) or threat of worse.

The $15,000 question is will Envoy be willing to flow itself into a weaker operational position or worse yet, essentially out of business ?

I don't believe AAG will allow the PP agreement at Envoy destroy the carrier, the only question is when and under what circumstances they pull that trigger. My bet says sometime shortly after the 824 have flowed, but that variable is dependent upon just how fast things are going south at Envoy pilot staffing wise.
I'm not a lawyer but this runs deeper, it is my understanding the pp upto Oct 2011 are part of a settlement. That settlement got deeper during ch11 in which we settled open grievances. Pp are part of a settlement, not just contractual.

Also the comeplete loss of pilots retained by stopping the flow would far exceed the amount retained and recruited with it. I'm sure aag is aware of this, as it seems to be their main tool anyway. The wheels would literary fall off the bus.