View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 08:30 AM
ag386
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by lakehouse View Post
I'm a third generation airline pilot, a former alpa rep, and very connected through out the industry. I know dozens of people at every regional, lcc, and major airline. Trust me besides the fairly long upgrade, and current issues with building lines this place is far far far from the worst regional. The 72 hour schedules are because the company is trying to keep as many lines as possible at 15 days off. They could build them all to 90 hours which they would love to do with current staffing, but we would have 11 days off and uncommutable system wide. They are working at fixed the flight file issue with aag. It's unfortunate but things take time. Even the 10 grand took 9 months to work through the system. There are many programs slowly going through the same process to address everything being posted about online. Envoy isn't a bad choice despite what all you ex eagle guys who are rightfully angry about the 5 years of he ll. Trust me I lived them, and now commute because of it. However my goal is mainline and I'm making the moves and choices that will get me there. The flow is worth alot more than many realize. Many of the negative posts will retire from spirit or get hired alot later than they think at a major.
AMR/AAG has been working on the flight file for about 5 years. It's supposed to have gotten better every quarter since the BK. Sure takes some time.

Make wise choices there or a Spirit or Jetblue guy may retire with hundreds of thousands of extra dollars over their career because you chose to wait for the flow. Anybody outside of the 824 should take heed to this and not count on getting to AA anytime soon.