View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 04:21 PM
AdiosMikeFox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Feito no Brasil, CA

Originally Posted by lakehouse View Post
. They are working at fixed the flight file issue with aag. It's unfortunate but things take time. Even the 10 grand took 9 months to work through the system. There are many programs slowly going through the same process to address everything being posted about online.

Then the company and/or union need to step up and say what's happening, what's been accomplished and where we are in the process of improving working conditions.

What the frontline pilots see are worsening schedules preceded by halfhearted apologies from the union. The company doesn't even bother to send an apology or reason anymore. All we get are unilateral decisions made by management passed through the rumor mill that all PTO requests will be denied. They can't even put it in print. The is company refusing union leave to our reps to work on said lousy schedules. People are being fired for social media infractions. People being fired because the company wants to get rid of them. Step letters for situations that normally wouldn't be cause for anything more than a phone call. Switching to crappy hotels and being pulled from good ones against our union's requests and work.

And our union...

Everything I've gotten from the teleconferences has been what amounts to a feeling of resignation and defeat. The company is uninterested in improvements. Everything is stalled or drifting towards the negative with the company. The union itself seems listless and only interested in keeping their heads down.

This is what we see every day, and in my opinion I agree with the union's perspective that the company is not interested in making things better.