Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 01:09 PM
Vegaspilot
Gets Tue/Wed and Sat Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by grnclvrs View Post
You've been here a while (I think) and you've probably seen how LAS works. People that pass through LAS on Saturdays think the airline has shut down. There are no flights, yet Fridays and Sundays are the busiest days of the week. With no flights on Saturdays, how do you limit single days off to 2-3? You can't. You have to have language for at least 5 a month. The only way to get around this is to send all the airplanes out of Vegas on Friday night, fly outside turns on Saturday, then fly back to Vegas on Sunday morning. You get to spend a nice 3-day every weekend in North Bumfuq, Idaho but hey, you don't have to do single days off. There's only so many flights to work with, which do you want - single days off or 3 day trips every weekend?
There are ways around 3 day trips every weekend, but to answer your question...if that 3 day trip was followed by 4 days off, I'll take the 3 day trip. I like being home every night, but I'd be willing to do a couple overnights a month to avoid single days off.

They could fix it if they want to. The company doesn't want to bother to try.