Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 05:48 PM
GordoCooper
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

So for the reality of what AAY will do: my next month will entail 5 single days off. Each and every one allows me the time to get off work and begin my travel home between 11pm and midnight. After arriving home, And after roughly 5 hours sleep in order to wake up and enjoy my family, I will have less than 12 hours before I will be required by FAR to be in bed.

All 5 single day off, and out of the graciousness of AAY, each and every day after my single day off, I get to begin at roughly 5-6am. And as stated correctly here, I'm not new! For those of you who don't have single days that begin at midnight, and begin again at 5am; get ready, because it looks like there is a push to get this voted in. I can't imagine what 6 of these will look like.

I have been hoping there would be a bit more revolt just due to this issue. Basically I hate to say this; but my vote is a resounding NO. With the allowance of AAY to control your daily, weekly, and monthly life in calling a "day off" something that you can utilize less than 12 hours of up to 6 times each and every month......ill hold out for hope that money isn't even a close second here.

By the way, for the unofficial pollsters, I too have done a little of that. My last 4 F/O's have had open and frank discussions regarding this issue. All have told me they have changed their mind to a NO for this reason. Nearly each one told me as an F/O in a mid seniority level, they don't get too many single days off right now. Then I showed them numerous examples of what is to come in their near future as junior captains!

I also let them know that several years ago with line bidding, this wasn't an issue. It doesn't have to be an issue for the next 10 years if we vote this down, and fix it!