View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 06:20 AM
The Chow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 1st year pay for the 3rd time
Default Rumors and motivation.

Here's what we know;

After 3+ years the company got serious and came to us with an offer. The Exco and NC said its the best we can get. They've also stated that the mediator hasn't been receptive to many of our counter offers.

If we turn down this offer, we have no idea how long we'll be on ice. Someone earlier mentioned what happened to Eagle after they turned down their offer. I was there and it wasn't pretty. Now before someone brings up that Eagle was a FFD airline, we'll be giving up scope. Scope is one of those sections that if we blindly whistle by it, could be our demise.

Also note, that we'll be looking at 18-24 months before we're here in the position again. That means the company has their costs locked in for at least 2 years. A company that has the ability to return $250 million to share holders last year can do wonder with their projections for the next two years.

Terrorist attacks are happening all across the globe. It's just a matter of time until we get hit again. I pray I'm wrong but that's my gut feeling. Especially when the guy in Orlando calls 911 and stated he's a terrorist and the DOJ tries to scrub it. Having a contract in a potential downturn could be make a huge difference.

So please let's all remember a couple of things: 1)we don't have the whole picture. And since we don't have the whole picture we're shooting in the dark. The only ones who do have the whole picture already have plans for us in the event we say no. 2) no one has read the language yet. Let's see what the language looks like, go to the road shows, and have our vote with our eyes wide open.

My $.02