Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 09:00 AM
sqwkvfr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by Vegaspilot View Post
You're on the Bus. It's mainly an 80 issue as the Bus flies 7 days a week. Least that's what it seems. Although the poor junior CA in OAK back in Dec/Jan had min days off and every one was a single day off. So it can and does happen to both fleets.
I'm on the 'Bus as well and had 8 single days off with a mixed line for June. Not a great month.

I realize that the company needs flexibility in scheduling, but it seems that in many cases (including mine) SDO was more a lack of a proper scheduling program -and motivation to make said program work for the pilots- than scheduling necessity.

I should hope that any TA includes a provision that gradually reduces the number of single days off allowed per month over the term of the CBA. I realize that their elimination my be impossible right now, but movement in the right direction is important to many of us, and the rumored agreement doesn't satisfy that need.

With respect to that particular item, I think that a 3-year agreement would have been much more palatable...in fact, that would seem to be the case for most of the work rule changes the the NC is rumored to have TAd. Five years of basically the same work rules with little to no movement in the right direction is a little tough to swallow.