Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 08:04 PM
INXS
Lifer

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: MD80 CA

So, is this TA going to pass? Sounds about 60/40 pass from my circle of pilot-buds. When I filled out my Teamster surveys over the years I indicated that I would be happy with the Spirit pay scale, Spirit retirement, and that I would accept somewhat limited work rules to fit the Allegiant model. Especially since we have about 3 functional work rules as it stands with zero path to enforcement. That was the mantra.

With TAFB (Time Away From Base) hovering at 100 hours/mo. here vs. 250-300 at all other airlines I could find happiness and feel that my hard work was being recognized by my airline.

It is apples vs. oranges when you look at the TAFB hours here vs. any other carrier. Seems many take issue with a single day off here and there. I get a single day off every Saturday in LAS flying the MD80. That is a small price to pay for 150-200 hours at home/mo. Quick math: average 7 days at home more than other airlines with overnights. That is a lot of time to call yours at home.

Well, looks like Spirit was 9% 401k match while this TA gives us 10% 401k match + profit sharing

Spirit was $185 top Captain pay while this TA gives us $216-$232 (over 5 yrs)

Spirit was $109 top First Officer pay while this TA gives us $145-$155 (over 5 yrs)

Not to mention Scope & timing (Now)

This is why I can vote YES for this TA which is light years ahead of where we are now: 4% 401k, $160 top Captain pay, $97 top First Officer pay, and our 3 work rules, sort of.

In my view, TAFB is the key here; Out and backs being the backbone of our business model.

Noted: This is from a senior point of view but all will be senior at some point either on the Captain or First Officer side.

Chip away…