View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 05:16 AM
AcesHigh
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Gear swinger

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
If you're going to Envoy with your eyes open understanding the upgrade and flow projections aren't supported by the facts including attraction/attrition, that's good. This is a pilots forum though where pilots discuss/debate the good, bad and ugly, so if the reality of that is too annoying and you prefer only to hear harps and mandolins, this arena is probably not for you.
Personally, though I don't think you'll be escaping "negativity" by vacating this forum, as from most accounts, you'll deal with it on a day-to-day basis once you do get to Envoy (like all regionals). Regionals aren't happy places as you yourself acknowledge, so prepare to exist in an unhappy environment.

Good luck.

Firstly, thanks for the reply, secondly I do go into every situation with my eyes wide open.

Here's the thing what I feel like people are failing to realize.

I feel as though honestly folks coming into the regionals are like cattle that are being put through the slaughterhouse.

Just as there are flight schools out there knowing they will have a pipeline of flight instructors leaving as soon as they meet required minimums, the regionals know this as well.

Sure they can dangle the carrot above our heads with bonus's they can offer incentives here and there, but they also undoubtedly know that we have bigger career plans than being a lifer at a regional.

Why not your next move be your best move? Yes fight for what you think is a fair pay, yes fight for what is right, by all means do it, but in the same breath- get in, get out, and get paid. Aviation is about career advancement.

I mean if your goal is to fly mainline, by all means go for it, but as I had said previously, have that back up or that spade to rely on in case things don't go as planned.

I'm not trying to escape the negativity, most of what's written on this forum goes beyond negativity. It's moreso a dumpster of ****ed off individuals that I'd LIKE to call human-beings but forget on how to act like humans.

Too much mudslinging, bickering, huffing and buffing.

I'm all for a great debate hearing that bad, that good and everything inbetween but boy, over the years this website seems like a scene out of the movie "Idiocracy" (And once again, I'm not perfect)

I don't need the fancy violins, and cherubs feeding me grapes lol. But I think we all know we could be handling ourselves a little bit better around here.