View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 05:25 PM
Jersdawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by ag386 View Post
You are getting a few extra guys right now because you are putting them into the 175. How about the guys who walked out when they didn't get the 175?

Even with the 15 plus you are getting last month plus this month, you will still average hiring only 15 per month by year end. Your VP of ops plan calls for 35-40 new hires each and every month to get the 2.5/6 plan, which has been jettisoned from what I hear. Now he's calling it 3 years for upgrades. That still won't work with 15 per month.
To address a couple points: The company is offering extra cash to take the CRJ or 145 now. The last class (before the one Monday) had no one walk out. I find it pretty ridiculous to offer $$ for that, but it's working (so far) so your assertion may have been true at one point but does not seem to be any more.

Your second point, that 2.5/6 has been jettisoned, if you have anything official on that, please tell us. The latest email from Ric did not include "2.5/6" but there has been at least one other email where it has been omitted, only for it to reappear in the next. Do I believe in that claim? Hell no, but what you're saying doesn't appear to be factual, unless there is something you know that the rest of the ENY pilots don't.

I guess my point is that things are obviously lousy at ENY, but spreading "I heard"s and things that that may have been true once but aren't any more sure make it seem like you have an axe to grind and are just lobbing grenades for the fun of it instead of contributing to any meaningful discussion. It's a free message board though, do what you feel.