Old 08-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Lambourne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: B777 Capt

Originally Posted by Low & Slow View Post
SFO Maint. Base is for sale
Mileage Plus is for sale

If I were a UAL employee, merger would be the least of my worries.
On the SFO MOC being up for sale, where is your link? If you talk to the UA mechanics in SFO you will hear them saying UA is actually getting good business at the MOC for contract work.

As for mileage plus, what is the drawback in selling that unit? If it is more cost effective then should the company not seek to do so? We do not lose the MP pax just the maintenance of the service if I read the article correctly that discussed this a few weeks ago.

Blowing air to blow air is not a very intelligent way to produce a post. Why not put some work into the facts, make a good argument and then type. Your method is truly lacking information or supporting statements.

On the airplane order issue I am curious about something. What equipment is any carrier buying? The 787 is not flying and if you follow what happened with our 777's you would wait out the first round of a new airplane. Were you even around to remember the problems we had with the -400 when they were new????? The nose gear that would not extend in LAX was a great way to display a new airplane.

In fact if you follow the markets I think UAL is in a very good position compared to some other carriers with the bear market appearing to be warming up for a full fledged downturn.

Of course I hate to throw facts at your emotion and hope to dissuade your mindset.