Thread: Vacancy Bid
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 06:45 AM
AllenAllert
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by baseball View Post
Now I understand the 1919 boarding (longevity) date that I have see on a few standby lists. Must have a few of these guys. Has ALPA weighed in yet on these 1919 boarding dates? Seems like we win lots of grievances, hope this one is on the list.
Hope you're joking but just in case you're not, would you care to point us in the direction of the CBA where NON-REV pass privileges was negotiated.

If I'm not mistaken, LCAL use to board all supervisors,vendors and families before the rank and file employee regardless of seniority. On the LUAL side the pass travel program was regulated by all the employee groups which made it hard for any one person or group to have an advantage in boarding. Positive Space was about the same only you saw more booking in FC seats than today.

Guess you could say it's a privilege of all employees and not a right. The company could unilaterally stop the program all together, for a group of employees or an individual. The unions could argue the point but there is really no legal ground to stand on.