View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 03:36 AM
20sx
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Every now and then I think APC has nothing to offer, and then Higney goes and posts this gem. Very nice.

Originally Posted by higney85 View Post
Don't take crap from anyone. That doesn't mean be disrespectful, but every group has there small group of "lemons". If what is happening violates SOP (the books), HR policies (harassment), or common decency... Stop the show. Not to toot a horn, but I did it a few times in my long tenure as an FO. Person either stopped the BS immediately or quickly realized it would be stopped for them. Sure, avoid politics/money/religion/sex conversations if there is a non-conversational line, that's being an adult if the topic(s) arise, it's a different ballgame when belittled or treated without respect.

Every carrier will have the few folks who are a PITA, Endeavor is no different. Don't take the BS and be professional and it stops in its tracks. The few that are difficult are easily put in their place when they get some resistance to their BS. Never had a problem once saying, "stop your ----, (piece your 4-letter word carefully, but with intent) I'm not dealing with it". In many cases they actually became fun to fly with after the declarative. Probation or not, if someone is over the line, they are over the line. I guarantee they won't want to sit in the meeting where they "wrote you up" and it turns out they were the one being the bafoon.