Old 09-05-2016, 03:22 PM
The Juice
ULTP-Ultra Low Tier Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by MartinBishop View Post
I am not anti-union, I am anti-forced unionism. Being required to pay dues to some union boss just to gain employment is coercion and is immoral.

I actually think the safety aspect of unionism is a good thing, and I would probably join one of my own free will. But it should be a choice, not a mandate.
Get a clue and get your commercial rating before spouting on here to people who actually do this for a living.

Nobody is forced to join union. You are not forced to work anywhere, you make the choice. You may want to work at an airline that happens to be union and thats not just a coincidence, better places are union places. Once SKyWest gets their act together, its all union.

Once at the union airline, you are not forced to join a union, but you will have to pay a fee because like it or not, those wages and benefits were negotiated using union money and its union money that keeps the company honest with upholding the contract between bargaining cycles, in the forms of grievances and arbitration hearings.

And I guarantee you that you would be the first on the phone to the union when you misstep the company is wanting your behind in a sling.

I now forbid you form posting anything else in the Majors Forum until you have learned how to do a lazy 8 or a chandelle.