View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 06:47 PM
HighFlight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

I chose EDV over Envoy or XJet because I wanted to fly. The money was a nice bonus feature, for sure. Now, Envoy pays more first year, but less second year, than EDV. And FOs spend a LOT more time on reserve, so that went against my desire to fly. Hopefully for Envoy newhires, the RSV time will come down. In February, one could expect 18-24 months. IDK what it is now.

The other thing that made me choose EDV, even though they have the worst bases IMHO, was the "water cooler" attitudes. When I went to my interviews, I paid more attention to the demeanor of the folks standing around and talking than I did to the recruiters. EDV folks seemed overall to be happier, smiling more, and positive about the future. As an older person, that meant a lot more to me. Happy fellow pilots usually makes for a better working environment.

Flow makes for a good recruiting tool, but just like the EDV DGI, it can disappear at any time. Bear in mind that no matter WHERE you start, you will have an opportunity to move pretty much anywhere you want in 2-3 years. The legacies, LCCs, cargo, etc. will ALL be needing pilots. Considering the great need for pilots as retirees leave, a flow may actually slow you down some.

Originally Posted by A321gal View Post
From what I know, Endeavour's QoL, and culture beat out Envoy, pay from the charts I've seen is actually lower by hour for Endeavor but bonuses make total annual compensation equal or higher, but Envoy, PSA, and PDT have the flow, which you're pretty much guaranteed for. That's a pay raise and gets you to the majors. Going to definitely keep an eye on it and how it transforms in the next year or so. It's a tough call, still think Endeavor is leading in my thoughts by a bit, at least now I know that it's not guaranteed to get to Delta, but if you do well enough and are broadly competent you should have a decent shot to move up. Like I said before, if I don't make it into Delta and have end up at AA, United, JetBlue, or whatever, oh well. Delta is the target and I think via Endeavor I've the best shot.