View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 06:22 AM
AnotherWriter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by WMUFlyboy1 View Post
You do realize the last vacancy was just a filler vacancy that came out just a month after the previous one right? There were supposed to be 4 large vacancies this year, instead there were 4 large and 1 small one.

People here, probably because of our history, are too quick to sound the alarm. The short upgrade will continue, SSPers will be leaving every month for a couple years still and even "FO" SSPers are mostly captains now.
The only thing that could really slow down the upgrades in NYC would be us going dual qual. on the 900 and 200. Even then, they won't be more than a couple years I imagine.

I've said it before, this place will experience normal attrition to other airlines just like any other regional and this will be further bolstered by SSPers leaving in the next year (that is at least 150 more numbers) and DGIers leaving within the next 18 months (earliest possible date likely... someone correct me if I am wrong but we have people holding NYC 200 CA slots who were hired under DGI no?).

NYC becomes your constantly revolving door for at least the next 24 months and MSP/DTW stay stupid senior.