Thread: Afrotc
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 08:17 AM
ctd57
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: CRJ CA
Default Afrotc

I was in AFROTC for a semister at college when I was told that aviation was not guaranteed by one of the instructors there. That was when I dropped out. I went to Navy OCS in Pensacola and loved it now that I look back on it, and it was absolutely awesome. I made friends there that I will have forever. I didn't get a pilot slot from the Navy due to some bad timing when I applied. But I had the choice the take the positon I was given or not. You cannot do that in ROTC. After you accept your commison, and get your job, you must fulfill your obligaiton. Just after 9/11 when no one was leaving the Navy and alot of people applied before me. I was accepted as a Naval Flight Officer with my dreams of transitioning to pilot. It looked like that would have never happened for me because of the amount of pilots that the Navy had at the time. So I went the civilian route and now I am in the Navy Reserves to fulfill my commitment. But I have alot of friends who are pilots and it worked out great for them. I would recommend OCS.