Old 11-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Honeypot
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: MV-22 TAC

Brillo, you mentioned that the 50 hour multi-engine requirement for the 250 fixed wing hours can be filled by the C-12 time we get in advanced fight training, but as a part of the 250 PIC time, doesn't the multi-engine time have to be as PIC as well? Were you able to get your ATP after flying the additional 50 or so hours you needed to meet the 250 hour requirement? Could you please give a brief update on how you have been getting along transitioning to civilian aviation, the roadblocks you may have encountered?

I'm a purebred V22 guy, 1,000 hours, up for orders and probably going to the FRS in New River this summer. I'd like to get out instead and apply for the regionals but none of the airline recruiters I've contacted seem to view my powered lift hours without any sort of consideration to the complexities and similarities the airframe has with larger multi-engine fixed wing aircraft. But I get it, they are going strictly by the FAA definitions. I only hope things will get easier as more V22 drivers start getting work in the commercial airline industry.