View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 04:21 AM
4myfamily
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: CA CRJ900

A couple more thoughts after leaving my thinking room.

1. Obviously this time of year flying slows down and the opportunity to even credit more than 75 hours has not been seen by some bases in Dec. Just take a look at the lines in Nov, Dec and Jan. It is hard to find anyone at or greater than 80 hours. If the bonus is rolled into pay rates at 85 credit hours what happens when we are properly staffed and it is hard to get 85 in the busy months much less the slow months. Pay decrease for every pilot is what happens and more profit for Delta.
2. Lets make an assumption. Delta management would not sign a contract with its pilot group that it did not believe was profitable. So taking that assumption, the 900 pay rates on the Delta pay scale must be profitable.

So now it is time for us to take a stand and demand to be paid for the aircraft we are flying. If the pay works for Delta pilots and Delta management then it should work for all pilots flying a 900. They do not change the ticket prices based on who is flying the 900. Using the pay scale on APC which I do not if it is correct or not so adjust the numbers according based on the contract. I am going to use first year FO pay for the numbers but the rule applies across all pay rates.

83/hr for first year FO on the 900 a 76 passenger airplane which equals $1.09 per seat. I know this is not a perfect assumption because there is no extra revenue for first class on a 200 but they are going away anyway. 50/76 = 66%. Sixty-six % of 1.09 = $.72 per seat.

Current Endeavor Fleet on APC

81 – 900 81*1.09= 88.46
51 – 200 51*.72= 36.72

88.46+36.72=125.18

125.18/2=62.59 blended rate

This number will go down slightly for each 200 we take on but as they retire the number will go up. We might could even argue to increase the 200 rate to only account for half of the 200s since we are helping Delta by taking them and should not be greatly penalized. Yes it does provide quick upgrade for some but what the pilots that are already upgraded or the ones that choose to not upgrade.

Our pay scale should reflect Detla’s pay scale, maybe we do not get all the extras they get in retirement, sick time, days off etc, but we should be paid the same for flying the same aircraft.

If we do not unite and stand now we may never have the chance again.