View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 04:54 AM
idlethrust
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by 4myfamily View Post
I thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to this all-important topic.

Endeavor is in the beginning stages of getting the retention bonus that expires at the end of 2018 converted into pay rates. The pilots want and should expect that the bonus be converted to a pay rate that does not cause a single pilot to take a pay cut ie pilots on reserve or bidding for minimum credit will make the same or more under a change from bonus to pay rates.

Both sides have their reasons for wanting what they want. My thought is that no one should take a pay cut and that the pilots should actually find a way to increase the pay rates over just converting the bonus into a 75 higher pay rate, which would be a $25.56 hourly increase across the board.

Currently, the company pays 150% for any open time picked up in excess of awarded line and also pays 150% for hours over 85 credit. I can see how the company is concerned about increasing pay by $25.56 per hour with this 150% open time LOA. This is a great tool for pilots that want to work extra to make more money. It is actually a hindrance to pilots wanting to drop trips as why would someone pick up a trip at 100% when they can pick one up at 150%.

Reserve – the pilots have an issue with the company to be what appears as manipulation of the reserve grid. It is almost always 100% red, which prevents dropping of reserve days and trips by those that need more time off.

I see a possible solution that will help a both parties or at least make the company pay for not accurately setting reserve levels. The pilots should agree to drop the blanket 150% open time and change the agreement to similary match other airlines and make open time 150% whenever one of the days of trip is in the red or critical zone. The hope is that the company would set accurate reserve levels thus allowing pilots to drop trips and/or reserve days and allow the company to pay a fair rate for picking up open time. Open time that can be covered by reserves should only be paid at 100% and when reserve levels are critical open time could become 150% or greater depending on how low the reserves levels are. I will leave the exact numbers to the bean counters.

Bottom line is lets get $25.56 per hour as a minimum increase and a extra hourly increase for all that gets first year FO pay to $65,000 (at 75 hours/month) or greater while agreeing to give the company some things in return such as the above Open time suggestion, NYC co-domicile, initial freeze for first officers for a period of time, dual qualified if a majority of the cost savings is passed on to the pilot group and a requirement that everyone wears the hat on TY’s birthday.

I have not read the contract in regards to new domiciles opening and new aircraft type entering the system. I think we should remove any seat lock or freezes when either one of these items happens. Every pilot on property should have the opportunity to hold a new base or new aircraft.

I look forward to everyone’s posts.
The endeavor thread wasn't good enough for this??
You had to start another one??