Thread: ATP practical
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 06:56 PM
ugleeual
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 767/757 CA

Originally Posted by manchild View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster... about to retire as a Navy pointy-nose guy. Anybody have recent experience with FTI Ratings, specifically their ATP-CTP and ATP practical for military in DEN? 320 or 75 sim, and would remove my c/l thrust restriction.

It's a little pricey, but seems like a good idea to knock it all out at once because of where I live, timing, etc. Have any other single seat bubbas done their program? I'm much more comfortable in a glass jet versus a light twin, but obviously haven't spent much time in a real flight deck. Don't want to throw away $6k if I'm better off just doing their ground school course and going elsewhere like N.A.F.C.?
Its been awhile but I used All ATPs... they are really setup for guys like you. I was a pointy nose C/L thrust restricted guy past life with about 15 hours of SE time a no prop twin time and had no issues with flying a twin to pass the ATP. I guess if your end desire is to work at SWA then do the 737 type... if not save your money... you'll need it first year.