Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 05:33 AM
Pedro4President
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by ApilotB View Post
Thank you for the good info guys.I understand I should stay away from CRJs & 145 ORD & DFW will offer most flying & 145 LGA will be shortest reserve.
Follow up questions;
Keeping in mind that I will start training end of Jan meaning I hit the line in 7-9 weeks after that;
How long can I expect to sit reserve if I chose 145ORD or 145DFW ?
Also if the 145LGA is a shorter reserve ( any guesses on how much will that be ) will I be able to fly more by picking up some flying on my day offs once I can hold line ?
When you get to class they are very likely to offer these three options.
Dfw 175. 10-15 pilots
Ord CRJ. 4-8 pilots
LGA 145. 17-25 pilots

They will have actual numbers on the day of but this is just my guess based on previous classes.

You want the shortest reserve time then the 175 or 145 will get you there. If you are young then you will get the 145. So after you get the 145 lga move up off reserve and hold a line. Then at this point you can stay there indefinitely or move bases. We will have vacancies every 3 months or so(maybe 1-2 if we keep hiring) and at anytime you can put a request to transfer. If you want to avoid reserve in ORD or Dfw then just wait in lga until you see guys junior to you get lines in other bases and then do a base transfer and never go back to reserve.

Guys will delay upgrading so they don't have to sit reserve as a captain. You can do the same with base transfers just delay it so you won't have to sit reserve.