View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 10:11 AM
Griever
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

That guy (BL, the vp of flight ops), is one of many reasons why I cannot recommend working here at this time. He will (literally) wine and dine new hires and make outrageous claims without basis.

Crew Scheduling has become difficult (and quite passive aggressive) to work with under his leadership. There once was a time when I could answer my phone on a day off, but now I know if I do I will be junior manned, regardless of what I have going on (holidays, doctor appointments, no child care available, etc). If you answer your phone while on duty, they are going to treat you like a reserve for "operational necessity"

Reserves are currently working 100 credit bids, sometimes six days in a row (7 in one recent case, which is a violation of our contract, btw), (with low block time), a high number of airplane swaps. I hope you like doing 4 preflight inspections a day for 4 credits! oh yeah, you have a 30 minute scheduled turn time to do all that! Make sure you do it on time or your bonus is at risk!

Our airplanes are dirty, unreliable, and we make our pax walk through wind, rain, snow, puddles if deice fluid. We contract with a wheelchair service that never shows up on time, and when they do our pax with special needs get blasted by the elements and turboprop noise while they wait.

It's shameful.

Don't apply here if the above is shocking to you. If you are in training, think about what I (a line grinder) just described and ask if this is the type of place that is right for you.

Last edited by Griever; 01-14-2017 at 10:29 AM.