View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 06:32 PM
hawk21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by RBZL View Post
Not necessarily. The company spends three weeks and ~10 hours of actual flight time to get you proficient in the PC-12. It's not unreasonable to want to protect that investment considering the time it takes to hire and screen pilots (think fingerprinting, background checks, PRIA, uniforms, etc), train them, and then replace them when they move on.
No training contracts in the 121 world and the cost of training per pilot is much more. My current company spends over $30,000 per pilot on training not including monthly guarantees. Only airline I can think of that has any sort of contract is Frontier and maybe Mesa. It's a ploy to get people to stay. Take it from me and several of my co workers at the time. Keep in mind Boutique didn't have training contracts for probably a year before implementing them.

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
I don't think high turnover in this segment of the industry should be a red flag at all. It should be applauded! It means movement in the industry as a whole which is a great thing.
Go work for a 135 EAS company and you'll understand why there's movement.

Not trying to scare new hires away. I'm trying to fill you in on the reality of this kind of position. It's a much better way to build time than instructing any day. Will be awesome when they get the charter side of things up and running again.