View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 05:48 PM
abxflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by b707guy View Post
First of all, I guarantee that the ATI MEC is not the roadblock. The ATI MEC in no way overrides the authority of the Captain.

Secondly, anyone remember PSA 1771? How about FedEx 705? If not, feel free to look them up. But in the context of that history, what manager in their right mind would accept that risk given the things we've all endured here? Especially in this day and age. Running an airplane is one thing. Running a company is another.

Third, and I could be far off base here, but does 1224 or who ever is pushing for this universal ban of ATI from jumpseats really feel this is truly justified or even called for? I guess so. But ALPA National sure doesn't, as evidenced by the call they made regarding the legality of the strike, and how ATI was to conduct itself, from day 1. So there might be a few friends of friends at various airlines who are sympathetic to the cause, but I just can't get past that perhaps a few adult beverages are needed to bring the childishness of this so-called movement to light.

This ATI pilot would have no problem welcoming a properly vetted ABX pilot on board for a ride. Provided, that is, that there is some measure of decorum and professional demeanor. But I'm guessing anyone who would have trouble masking a lesser attitude wouldn't be looking for a ride from us anyway. And that's fine, too. The real problem is that one guy, with bad intent, who CAN mask such attitudes, yet wants a ride to get home from work to to "go fishing". Remember that the ATI pilots didn't start this.
I have to tell ya Dave you are so far down the wrong path on this one...

A. No one has said the MEC is the roadblock, they are at fault for not fixing the issue. (I'll admit there is a rumor they are part of the problem though).

B. Way before vetting of crewmembers, searches, patdowns, wanding, and CASS. Besides, if you really think someone is going to be a problem...don't take them! I don't care what airline they are with.

C. 1224 isn't pushing for a universal ban of ATI. We've been waiting for almost 2 months for you guys to let us back on. The result of ATI not letting us (or perhaps other carriers they have agreements with) on...well, they remain to be seen; it may very well end up with bans, etc.

For CTRCommand; I'm glad to hear that you ride us and us on you. I believe you are speaking more of past times since ABX can not even make a reservation/listing thru ATI Ops/Sched's. Right now we are turned down before even making an appearance at the flight desk and I'm certain you know that.