View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 06:51 AM
b707guy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: B-757/767 Left Right Left, aww, who can keep up...

Originally Posted by abxflyr View Post
I have to tell ya Dave you are so far down the wrong path on this one...

A. No one has said the MEC is the roadblock, they are at fault for not fixing the issue. (I'll admit there is a rumor they are part of the problem though).

B. Way before vetting of crewmembers, searches, patdowns, wanding, and CASS. Besides, if you really think someone is going to be a problem...don't take them! I don't care what airline they are with.

C. 1224 isn't pushing for a universal ban of ATI. We've been waiting for almost 2 months for you guys to let us back on. The result of ATI not letting us (or perhaps other carriers they have agreements with) on...well, they remain to be seen; it may very well end up with bans, etc.

For CTRCommand; I'm glad to hear that you ride us and us on you. I believe you are speaking more of past times since ABX can not even make a reservation/listing thru ATI Ops/Sched's. Right now we are turned down before even making an appearance at the flight desk and I'm certain you know that.
A: Post 3 above says the MEC is the roadblock. But I see your point from a defensive position.

B: Also agreed, but every defense has a weakness. If someone wants to get around those defenses, especially someone on the "inside", they'll find a way. Do I feel that it's necessary here? No. But someone, could have been a crew member, could have been a mechanic that was on the receiving end of a conversation, could have been someone in Ops, apparently brought up the risk. When a risk is identified (justified or not) and dismissed, and then something happens related to that risk, all of the 20/20 hindsight investigators come out of the woodworks and conclude that the dismisser should have seen it coming. Again, I'm not defending the action, I'm just conceding that I understand the position taken by management.

C. Post 16 above seems to indicate that all IBT carriers, all ALPA carriers, SWA, AA, Virgin, and UPS are being contacted to ban us. Sorry if I overreacted in thinking that was universal. I was so far off base.

As I said, I hope this is resolved. UNIVERSALLY, and in short order.